Due to expansion of our fleet we are currently looking for a:
In this comprehensive role, you will be responsible for :
- Implementing safety and environmental policy.
- Motivating engine room crew.
- Ensuring safe, reliable and proper operation of the vessel's machinery and equipment including the maintenance thereof through direct supervision including cargo related equipment gear.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and safe working practices by all engine room crew.
- Management of engine room crew.
- Stimulating continuous improvement of professional skills of all Officers and Ratings in the engine room by passing on knowledge and experience.
- Ensuring that the QMS is implemented and adhered to in engine room.
- Appraising crewmembers.
- Keeping the engine room in good condition and its overall appearance up to date.
- Attending the daily morning meeting.
- Following Master's orders.
- A Bachelor in Science degree in a maritime discipline.
- Professional experience within the maritime industry with seagoing experience as (Chief) Engineer or Maritime Officer.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of marine engineering and ship’s systems in particular and knowledge and affinity with the entire vessel operation in general.
- A team player and cost-conscious organizer with authority, who feels responsible for ship, crew and cargo and who is able to represent the company internally and externally.
- Cross culture awareness and good communication skills on different levels within the company.
- Good people- and coaching skills.
- Sound command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Able to work in compliance with our Seatrade Standards.
- An all-round position within an international maritime environment with a market leader operating technically complicated and challenging vessels.
- An attractive remuneration package.
If your personal profile meets our requirements, please send your CV and application letter to: Seaservices Groningen BV, Kor Wormmeester, Manager Crewing Resources, e-mail address: email@example.com Website: www.seatrade.nl
Our Seatrade Standards: